Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hallmark Ornament Treasures....Oh What Fun We Had

Nana and Pawpaw went treasure hunting again...this time for Hallmark Christmas ornaments..and boy did we strike gold. We spent about a half-hour sifting through multiple tables of ornaments at a nearby yardsale. We found almost a boxful of treasures to add to our collection we already had.
We found a total of 36 ornaments that made us smile, laugh and cry a little. Nana found a Barbie doll ornament to add to her collection of babydoll ones....like Chatty Cathy. I found 2 for our grandkids...one boy one and one girl one...it made me a very proud and happy Pawpaw and will help me remember the great fun I have had this past year with my 1 year old grandson. He has grown up so much in just one year...unbelievable...I do love that little boy. And I now have a brand-new, 3 month old granddaughter. She reminds me of my mom, who past away a few years ago...tears of days gone by, and tears of days ahead with her. She has a little bit of mom in her eyes...I think so at least. I love that little girl...and can't wait til she calls me "Pawpaw"one day...you'll hear the teardrops as they flow off my checks and hit the floor. Hallmark started making ornaments back in 1973...6 glass ornaments and 12 yarn ones. Now they produce about 200 different each year and have over 3,000 different ornaments in their series. Making memories for people to share, to adore, to decorate their Christmas trees with.
Who could refuse Santa...when we saw him we had to have him. He's part of their world series...and will make a beautiful addition to our tree.
And you know you would have gotten this one...a Santa cookie jar...with 3 cookie ornaments that came with it and are stored inside the Santa's body by popping off his head. Magical fun for our grandkids when they grow up a little more.

All in all, we found a total of 36 ornaments..a boxful of treasures, of memories. It was like going to a candy store...we couldn't decide on which ones we want...but we did good..we only bought the ones we knew we had to have. Oh, I know we could have bought the whole lot..it was that much fun.














So we added up the retail values of each of the ornaments, and we didn't even add tax...it came to $443...we are sure glad we paid only $40..yes, FORTY DOLLARS..unbelievable.
Pawpaw's wisdom is this...never judge people who bargain shop...at thrift stores, consignment sales or yard sales...they might not be as crazy as you think...We might be very intellegent people who know where to find the best bargains around...we think so....did you save $403 this week....we did...and that's without taxes even.



No comments:

Post a Comment



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones